Saturday, February 13, 2010

Mental Health Parity Law Allows Discrimination to Continue

How's that for a newspaper headline?  I had to come up with something that would sound like it could be one of those headlines that scrolls across MSNBC or one of those other headline news organizations.  The truth of the statement, however, is undeniable. 

Once again, I regale my readers with the horrors of the community mental health system as experienced by the people who need treatment the most.  I try to say the same thing in different ways in order to keep people's attention and perhaps gain new supporters. Unfortunately, I'll have to keep doing this until enough people listen and we see real change.  Man, I wish that word wasn't cheapened by election politics.

Below is a link to an article that I published in the Op-Ed News website.  Please share this with everyone on your vast social networks.  If more people speak out about this - especially if they contact their US and State Representatives, perhaps we can get the IMD Exclusion repealed.  What's that you say?  Well, read on...

Mental Health Parity Law Allows Discrimination To Continue

No comments:

Post a Comment